IPC Advisor Succession Planning Guide
Many financial advisors are looking to grow their businesses by buying a practice while others are looking at selling their practice and/or developing a succession plan.
Since it is Investment Planning Counsel’s goal to help our advisors build a better business, we have prepared the attached guide to assist both buyers and sellers. This guide covers some of the key issues under consideration as follows:
• Is Buying a Practice Right for Me?
• Is Selling my Practice Right for Me?
• Valuation Methods
• Factors that may increase/decrease the price
• The documentation, the terms of an agreement
• Financing - including IPCs new Advisor Book Financing Program
• Transition Plan
• Formula for Success